Canadian Style Resume
Your resume should be easy to look at visually, using bold categories, capitalizing all words in the technical summary, detailing hardware, software, operating systems, languages, any tools you've worked with, making certain of proper grammar, diction and spelling.
Keep in mind the following tips when you are drafting or reviewing your resume!
- Never include a picture.
- Do not include personal information.
- Use Canadian spelling.
- … and Canadian vocabulary.
- Do not state the obvious.
- Do “translate” your culture.
- Keep it short and sweet.
- Do not be afraid to show off your accomplishments
- Gender pro-tip such as M. or Mrs. Not male/female.
- State that you are legal.